Austin Humanists at Work are operating with modified giveaways.
Our next giveaway:
August 23rd, 2020
**see below for details**
Giveaways happen once a month on a Sunday morning in Downtown Austin. Dates are announced on this website and social media. Due to COVID-19 we are operating as follows:
- Our volunteers will be masked , and will wash/sanitize hands during all aspects of our prep and giveaway.
- All items will be bagged prior to the event.
- Keeping each aspect of our giveaway to no more than 10 volunteers at a time, and maintain social distancing. While this practice is not required by the state, we are trying to keep the impact of any risk low to our volunteers and those we serve. Please email info@austinhumanistsatwork to volunteer, limited slots available.
- All new volunteers need to sign a liability waiver on file before attending the giveaway. This will be emailed in our volunteers email that goes out the Friday before every giveaway.
- The focus will be on food. We anticipate serving about 200 folks and need community assistance through donation.
- Donations we seek to acquire are pre-packaged, single serving sizes of the following (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Food Wish List): Slim Jims, beef jerky, canned pull tab Vienna sausages, chicken and tuna packs, chicken and tuna salad snack packs, meal shakes, trail mix, nuts, peanut butter packs, fruit snacks, packs of crackers, and snack bars/ granola bars. Please, all must be non-perishable, cans need to be pull tab accessible, ready to eat, prepackaged and single serving. No at home portioning from larger supply. Thank you for understanding.
- An essential supply of travel size toiletries will also be in the bags. This list includes, depending on supply/ donations (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Main Wish List): body wash/ soap, shampoo, conditioner, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razors, insect repellent, sun screen, toilet paper, men’s socks and menstrual kits. (We are stocked up on some things but not other, visit our WHAT WE NEED page to see what we currently are in dire need for donation)
- We also have a small supply of fabric masks for those who need them.
We meet in the 8th Street parking lot, under the Interstate 35 overpass. We meet in the northwest corner of the parking lot, closest to the Austin Police Department headquarters. You can park in the lot right where we meet.