**Austin Humanists at Work is currently changing with the need in and around Central Austin. Please contact info@austinhumanistsatwork if you are interested in meeting the people we serve where they are and to help bridge the gap between people and services.**
Austin Humanists at Work is back to pre-covid giveaways with safety in mind.
Our next Central Austin giveaway:
Sunday, July 25th, 2021
Setup start at 8:30am, Giveaway promptly starts at 9am.
**see below for NEW details**
Central Austin Giveaways happen once a month on a Sunday morning in Downtown Austin. Dates are announced on this website and social media. Due to COVID-19 we are operating as follows:
- If you are interested in volunteering for our Giveaways, please fill out our Giveaway Volunteer Interest Form and we will contact you with further details about our Slack Channel and link to sign our Liability Waiver.
- With safety in mind, we will continue to require masks, and have sanitizer present for everyone to use who attends our giveaways.
- **Our organization is returning to our bin giving system which allows folks to choose items in most need.**
- We are limiting our giveaways to those 14 years of age or older.
- To keep everyone safe, we are capping the amount of volunteers at our giveaways to 25 people.
- All new volunteers need to sign a liability waiver on file before attending the giveaway. This will be emailed in our volunteers email that goes out the Friday before every giveaway.
- Austin Humanists at Work is working to streamline communications and has a Slack Channel for volunteer communications.
- The focus will be on basic living items in addition to food. We anticipate serving about 150- 200 folks and need community assistance through donation.
- Donations we seek to acquire are pre-packaged, single serving sizes of the following (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Food Wish List): Slim Jims, beef jerky, canned pull tab Vienna sausages, chicken and tuna packs, chicken and tuna salad snack packs, meal shakes, trail mix, nuts, peanut butter packs, fruit snacks, packs of crackers, and snack bars/ granola bars. Please, all must be non-perishable, cans need to be pull tab accessible, ready to eat, prepackaged and single serving. We do accept fresh bananas, and oranges 2-3 days prior to event.
- An essential supply of travel-size toiletries will also be offered. This list includes, depending on supply/ donations (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Main Wish List): body wash/ soap, shampoo, conditioner, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razors, insect repellent, sunscreen, toilet paper, men’s socks and menstrual kits. (We are stocked up on some things but not others, visit our WHAT WE NEED page to see what we currently are in dire need for donation)
- We also have a small supply of medical masks for those who need them.
We meet in the 8th Street parking lot, under the Interstate 35 overpass. We meet in the northwest corner of the parking lot, closest to the Austin Police Department headquarters. You can park in the lot right where we meet.