Austin Humanists at Work is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. EIN: 81-3098463
If you would like to donate via PayPal, please use the following link:
We hear “I appreciate you coming down here” and “This is such a blessing!” a lot.
We need ongoing, tangible donations to make a difference in our community.
What do you need the most right now? Please visit our What Do We Need page for a list of what we need (and don’t need) immediately for the next giveaway. Below is a list of everything that we do and do not accept.
Is my donation tax-deductible? Yes! We received our 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS in November of 2017.
Do I have to be atheist, agnostic, etc. to donate? NO! When you donate, we don’t ask what your beliefs are or aren’t. We’re just happy to relieve you of items that you don’t need and put them directly into the hands of people who can immediately use them.
Where can I drop off my donation?
The owners of Pak Mail Metric have kindly allowed us to place a donation bin next to the mailboxes.
11900 Metric Blvd. #J
Austin, TX 78758
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM; Saturday & Sunday, closed.
I can’t get to Pak Mail. Can someone pick up my donation? Yes! We have volunteers all around the Austin metro area – Georgetown to Kyle and everywhere in between! – that will be happy to pick up your donation. Please email email@example.com, or use the Donation Pick Up Requests email form at the bottom of this page. Our donations coordinator will put you in contact with the nearest volunteer, and you can make pick up arrangements that work with both of your schedules.
Do you accept mailed in donations?
Yes! Our mailing address is:
11900 Metric Blvd. #J-172
Austin, TX 78758
If you prefer to purchase items to donate, please see our Amazon Wish List. Your donation will be shipped directly to us. Helpful hint: If you click Filter & Sort, then Priority, the list will match our traffic light shopping guide: High Priority = Green Light, Medium Priority = Yellow Light, and Low Priority = Red Light.
Items That We Accept
Check your closets and cabinets for any of the items below:
- Unused, travel size* toiletries & personal care supplies: Shampoo, conditioner, soap (bars or body wash), lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss or floss picks, lip balm, razors, portable first aid kits, tissue packs, feminine hygiene products (pads, tampons, pantiliners), 2-ply toilet paper, antiperspirant/deodorant, combs, brushes, hair elastics, hand sanitizer, body wipes, emergency blankets, sunscreen, insect repellent, hand warmers, etc.
*Travel size only, please. Standard sizes are simply too big for most people when space is limited to a backpack.
- Accessories: Underwear, bras, socks, reusable water bottles, scarves, gloves, hats, wallets, washcloths, towels…
- Men’s & women’s casual clothing: We accept t-shirts & jeans year-round. We ask that other clothing be appropriate to the current season – coats & long sleeves in the fall & winter, shorts & tank tops in the spring & summer.
*Casual clothes only, please. Business wear often doesn’t get taken at our giveaways. Please consider donating business & dressier clothing to Dress For Success Austin.
- Bags & other living gear: New or gently used duffel bags and backpacks, reusable bags, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, small tents, pillowcases, blankets
- Reading & writing materials: Paperback books (any genre), magazines (remove personal address labels), blank journals, pens, markers
- Non-perishable snacks: Small boxes of raisins, granola bars, protein bars, bags of peanuts, etc.
*For safety reasons, we ask that all snacks be individually packaged.
- Shoes: Boots & tennis shoes are very popular!
An Important Request: Because we have separate bins for each type of item, it is extremely helpful if you sort the items before a volunteer picks them up (shampoo, conditioner, lotion…).
Things we CAN’T accept:
- children’s clothing
- medicine (prescription or over the counter)
- home décor
- perishable food items