We would like to announce our modified giveaway for June 28th. It has been three months since we suspended our giveaways. We are truly sorry for all those who have been affected by our absence. Our organization has been continuously monitoring the current situation and have decided to go ahead with a modified giveaway.
The giveaway will not look like it usually does. In order to adhere to recommended CDC and WHO guidelines, the following procedures will be put in place for our June 28th modified giveaway:
- Our volunteers will be masked , and will wash/sanitize hands during all aspects of our prep and giveaway.
- Everyone who volunteers at this time must be 18 years of age or older.
- All items will be bagged prior to the event.
- Keeping each aspect of our giveaway to no more than 10 volunteers at a time, and maintain social distancing. While this practice is not required by the state, we are trying to keep the impact of any risk low to our volunteers and those we serve.
- The focus will be on food. We anticipate serving about 200 folks and need community assistance through donation.
- Donations we seek to acquire are pre-packaged, single serving sizes of the following (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Food Wish List): Slim Jims, beef jerky, canned pull tab Vienna sausages, chicken and tuna packs, chicken and tuna salad snack packs, meal shakes, trail mix, nuts, peanut butter packs, fruit snacks, packs of crackers, and snack bars/ granola bars. Please, all must be non-perishable, cans need to be pull tab accessible, ready to eat, prepackaged and single serving. No at home portioning from larger supply. Thank you for understanding.
- An essential supply of travel size toiletries will also be in the bags. This list includes, depending on supply/ donations (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Main Wish List): soap, shampoo, conditioner, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razors, insect repellent, sun screen, toilet paper, men’s socks and menstrual kits. (We are stocked up on some things but not other, visit our WHAT WE NEED page to see what we currently are in dire need for donation)
- We also have a small supply of fabric masks for those who need them.
Our volunteers will be heading to two locations since not all who we serve are all congregating under the bridge these days. We will be handing out bags at our usual location and an encampment not far from our regular giveaway spot. We will only be taking 10 volunteers, so if you’re interested in volunteering please email email@example.com, there is limited space available.
Austin Humanists at Work thanks everyone for their continued support of our organization. Now, more than ever, it is important to come together to help each other through this hard time and much uncertainty. Wishing everyone health, love, and peace.