Austin Humanists at Work is starting to roll out events and activities for folks to participate during the Secular Week of Action. For this particular fundraiser, we figured you all needed a head start getting prepared with this activity as soon as possible. If you’d like to join the side group organizing this join ATXHAW Gettin’ Knotty.
1. Wednesday, April 22nd through May 10th: Start by finding some sponsors to donate through Central Texas Food Bank’s website or our Facebook Giving, which is pinned to the top of our Facebook page. Each sponsor you find will donate a specific amount per item you finish. For example, if you decide to sew masks, your sponsor may donate $1 per mask. At the end of the fundraiser on May 10th, add up all the items you make and your sponsor will donate $1 for every item completed.
2. This fundraiser will benefit Central Texas Food Bank. Sponsors will be able to donate through their website or our Facebook Giving, which is pinned to the top of our Facebook page. We will post those here and announce them on our Facebook page. Click here for the Week of Action: Central Texas Foodbank Fundraiser.
3. Next figure out what you want to make for this fundraiser. You don’t have to make just one specific thing. You can make washcloths, hats, face-masks, scarves, blankets.
4. MAKERS ONLY: Please fill out the form below for each sponsor you find. This will help us separate what donations were made for each activity we do during the week. CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM.
6. Email Virginia at firstname.lastname@example.org with the total items you made and to arrange pick up, or drop off of your donations.
7. Thank you in advance for participating and keep checking back from now until May 1st to see what other events we will have going.
Feel free to email Virginia: email@example.com or send us a message in Facebook Messenger with any comments or questions you may have.