Summer may be coming to an end for those heading back to school but Texas heat hasn’t loosened its grip yet. Even though it was a hot morning this past Sunday, 37 volunteers came to hand out a plethora of supplies for 232 people in Central Austin.
We handed out usual staples of deodorant, bug spray, nail clippers… but also a rare commodity donated by Glimmer Austin. They donated 40 URPRO light-weight pop-up, 2-person tents. These of course went quicker than it took to unpack them from their boxes.
TO EMPOWER AND INVEST IN LOCAL NONPROFITS AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT:
- Care for those who suffer from hunger, homelessness and a lack of basic needs.
- Work to break the cycle of poverty for the next generation through education, mentorship, and income.
Austin Humanists at Work thanks Glimmer Austin for your very wonderful donation.
We also had a wonderful coffee and water station provided by the Ethical Society of Austin. This is just one of the many donors, organizations, communities, and businesses who have made our giveaways what they are…
- Buy Nothing Project
- Ethical Society of Austin
- FRC Team #2881 The Lady Cans
- I Support the Girls
- Keep Austin Fed
- PakMail on Metric
- The Patrick’s
- Oscar Blues
- Samaritan Health Ministries
- The Treasure of the Hills Senior Center