Austin Humanists at Work is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. EIN: 81-3098463
If you would like to donate via PayPal, please use the following link:
We hear “I appreciate you coming down here” and “This is such a blessing!” a lot.
We need ongoing, tangible donations to make a difference in our community.
What do you need the most right now? Please visit our What Do We Need page for a list of what we need (and don’t need) immediately for the next giveaway. Below is a list of everything that we do and do not accept
Is my donation tax-deductible? Yes! We received our 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS in November of 2017.
Do I have to be secular, atheist, agnostic, etc. to donate? No! When you donate, we don’t ask what your beliefs are or aren’t. We’re just happy to relieve you of items that you don’t need and put them directly into the hands of people who can immediately use them.
Where can I drop off my donation?
Meet us at a giveaway to drop off donations at our intake tent.
If you can’t make it to a giveaway, reach out to email@example.com for a list of places you can drop off a donation.
Can someone pick up my donation? Yes, especially if it is sizeable! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the Donation Pick Up Requests email form at the bottom of this page. We will put you in contact with the nearest volunteer, and you can make pick up arrangements that work with both of your schedules.
Do you accept mailed in donations?
Yes! Please email us for our mailing address: email@example.com.
If you prefer to purchase items to donate, please see our Amazon Main Wish List or Amazon Food Wish List Your donation will be shipped directly to us. Helpful hint: If you click Filter & Sort, then Priority, the list will match our traffic light shopping guide: High Priority = Green Light, Medium Priority = Yellow Light, and Low Priority = Red Light.
Items That We Accept
CURRENTLY AUSTIN HUMANISTS AT WORK IS ONLY ACCEPTING A SMALL LIST OF DONATIONS. DUE TO COVID-19, WE HAVE OPERATING WITH MODIFIED GIVEAWAYS. PLEASE REFER TO THE MESSAGE BELOW, OUR BLOG POST, AND SOCIAL MEDIA FOR ANY NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THIS TIME. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.
- Pre-packaged, single serving sizes of the following (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Food Wish List): Slim Jims, beef jerky, canned pull tab Vienna sausages, chicken and tuna packs, chicken and tuna salad snack packs, meal shakes, trail mix, nuts, peanut butter packs, fruit snacks, packs of crackers, and snack bars/ granola bars. Please, all must be non-perishable, cans need to be pull tab accessible, ready to eat, prepackaged and single serving. No at home portioning from larger supply. Thank you for understanding.
- Toiletries and clothing items accepted at this time (CLICK HERE to go to our Amazon Main Wish List): body wash/ soap, shampoo, conditioner, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razors, insect repellent, sun screen, toilet paper, men’s socks and menstrual kits. (We are stocked up on some things but not other, visit our WHAT WE NEED page to see what we currently are in dire need for donation)**We are still taking donations of hats, gloves, and scarves due to high demand in the winter.**
Check your closets and cabinets for any of the items below:
- Unused, travel size* toiletries & personal care supplies: Shampoo, conditioner, soap (bars or body wash), lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss or floss picks, lip balm, razors, portable first aid kits, tissue packs, feminine hygiene products (pads, tampons, pantiliners), 2-ply toilet paper, antiperspirant/deodorant, combs, brushes, hair elastics, hand sanitizer, body wipes, emergency blankets, sunscreen, insect repellent, hand warmers, etc.
*Travel size only, please. Standard sizes are simply too big for most people when space is limited to a backpack.
- Accessories: Underwear, bras, socks, reusable water bottles, umbrellas, gloves, hats, wallets, ponchos, washcloths, towels, etc.
- Bags & other living gear: New or gently used duffel bags and backpacks, reusable bags, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, small tents, pillowcases, blankets
- Reading & writing materials: Paperback books (any genre), magazines (remove personal address labels), blank journals, pens, markers
- Non-perishable snacks: Small boxes of raisins, granola bars, protein bars, bags of peanuts, etc.
*For safety reasons, we ask that all snacks be individually packaged.
- Shoes: Boots & tennis shoes are very popular!
An Important Request: Because we have separate bins for each type of item, it is extremely helpful if you sort the items before a volunteer picks them up (shampoo, conditioner, lotion … ).
Things we CAN’T accept:
- clothing (adult or children’s)
- medicine (prescription or over the counter)
- home décor
- perishable food items